Sunday, July 31, 2016

Canning and Cards

Our garden is exploding right now! Of course an exploding garden means time to dig out the jars, canning salt, and pressure cooker to preserve our summer goodies. Today I canned 32 (no, that's not a typo) pints of green beans...32 pints! I feel so accomplished having grown and preserved my own food. Today's canning adventure was the first time I got to use the new pressure cooker that my mom got me for Christmas. Historically I've used a water bath canner for my goodies, but the pressure cooker is a bit more consistent and allowed me some time to craft (yes!) while my jars were processing.

With our wedding quickly approaching (less than three months away), my sister has been working overtime to get things together for my wedding shower, so naturally, when I sat down to craft, my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp that said "for your shower" caught my eye. I paired that with some stamps from the Swirly Bird collection and before I knew it, my card was finished (and my jars were done processing - great timing)!


I had so much fun putting this card together, and I love that I can give a homemade card to someone on their special day! Both of these stamp sets are so versatile, they can be used for so many occasions. The Teeny Tiny Wishes set contains a greeting for showers, Halloween, sympathy, Christmas, and everything in between, and the Swirly Bird set has so many great stamps to choose from, it's hard to decide where to start!

If you're interested in learning how to make this card and other fun creations, then you should attend my Coffee & Cards event on August 27. I would love to have you join the fun! Watch for more information coming soon!

Click below to purchase either of the stamp sets featured in this card:


Swirly Bird Photopolymer Stamp Set
[141749]
$25.00


http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=127802
Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set
[127802]
$27.00



MY GIFT TO YOU:
Use the August Host Code below to place your online order, and you will be entered for a chance to win a FREE stamp set from me! Click HERE to shop now.








WHAT'S GOING ON?
Check out the details here:
COFFEE & CARDS: Beginning early September! Watch for more details!
  • Check out the Paper Pumpkin monthly kit - subscribe today - click here: PAPER PUMPKIN
  • Click here to see the BIG CATALOG:




Thanks for sharing your time with me! Happy crafting!


Rose


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose, I am so greatful I found your channel! Your cards are absolutely beautiful!! I am trying to rebuild my craft supplies after I lost everything in a house fire last year and it's been hard because I am having to do so on a very limited income as I was diagnosed with cancer a month after the fire. I love card making and paper crafting I find it very therapeutic for me especially now. I received a few SU products from a wonderful friend and fell in love. I hope to place an order soon!!!

    ReplyDelete