Friday, September 2, 2016

Bats in a Jar

I woke up at 4:19 this morning, and I could not get back to sleep, so I figured I'd get my day started with some card-making before I had to head to work. I let out our dogs for their morning bathroom break, and as I watched them, I noticed some bats flying around the dark early morning sky. I was immediately inspired! I headed up to my crafting room right away and I created this little gem that I'll call "Bats in a Jar":


I think this card is more adorable than it is creepy! I actually used two different stamp sets for this card - the Jar of Haunts and the Spooky Fun set. I used the Every Day Jars Framelits to cut out that jar of bats and off-set the lid a bit to give the impression that the bats are escaping. A couple pieces of washi tape add just the perfect touch behind the jar. You didn't overlook that Halloween Night Designer Washi Tape from the holiday catalog, did you?

The card base for this card is in Elegant Eggplant, so I wanted to add a piece of white on the inside to make it easier to write a personal message to a friend. Do you stamp the inside of your cards? Do not overlook this simple step. It really helps to tie your creation together. Check out the simple inside of my card:


One thing that I've been doing on these Halloween cards is using the Ombre Black Ink Pad instead of using full-on black. I really like the softer, antiqued look the Ombre pad gives my projects. I used it on the jar, the pumpkin, the spider, and the spider web on the front of this card.

So, what do you think? Aren't these spooky Halloween cards just so much fun??


Below are the products I used to create my card. Click on any of the pictures below to order directly from my online store:






Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$10.00


Thanks for stopping by!


Rose

Find me on Facebook: Country Cards by Rose




*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

MY GIFT TO YOU:

Use the September Host Code below to place your online order and receive a gift directly from me! Click HERE to shop now.







When you purchase both the Jar of Cheer and the Jar of Haunts stamp sets from me using my September host code, you will get my "Jar-iety Bundle" card-kit. The kit includes all the paper and dies (pre-cut!) that you need to construct the beautiful bundle of cards pictured below. You will also receive envelopes for all your cards and pdf instructions to build the bundle. All you need to get crafting is your ink, stamps, and adhesive!


WHAT'S GOING ON?

Take advantage of September savings with 25% off of select products weekly September 1 - 21! Click HERE to see the week 1 list of special offers, and click below to shop my online store for these deals. Check back each week for the updated list of deals!

https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=2170143
  • Don't miss out on the BOGO promo going on until October 10th! Subscribe today - click here: PAPER PUMPKIN
  • Get tons of amazing benefits by hosting a workshop! I have a few openings in September and October, but my calendar is filling up quickly. Email me today to reserve your spot and to receive a special gift directly from me!
  • The Limited Edition Thoughtful Branches bundle is still available, but only while supplies last! Inventory levels are dwindling fast, so I doubt they will be on the shelves for long! Click below to get your bundle before they are gone!


  • Click below to browse the HOLIDAY CATALOG:
http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/catalogs/2016%20Holiday%20Catalog/Holiday16_en-US.pdf

Click below to browse the BIG CATALOG:

Take time to create something fun today! Happy crafting!

Rose


Find me on Facebook: Country Cards by Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment