Friday, February 10, 2017

Global Design Project 073 | Color Challenge

Last week was my first ever Global Design Project. I absolutely loved the challenge of creating something totally new and different, so I couldn't wait until Monday to see the next project. Turns out this week is a color challenge...and a difficult one for me, at that!


Now, I probably shouldn't admit this but I wasn't exactly thrilled when I saw this color combination. These are not colors I would normally use together, so I had a really tough time getting inspired at first. I pondered the colors throughout the week, and headed straight up to my stamp room this morning to get creative. So....here is my big reveal:





I am so. in. love. with this card!! I knew that I really wanted the colors to pop with this card, so I used crisp Whisper White for my card base and card front. The thin layer of Watermelon Wonder really helps draw your attention to that swirly flower - which is exactly the effect I was going for. To tone down the Emerald Envy a bit, I stamped off before stamping those leaves - again from the Swirly Bird stamp set. Then cut down a dimensional to use to pop up the Watermelon Wonder layer of that flower above the stamped image.

I added that little butterfly in Daffodil Delight to compliment the Thank You sentiment. It's from the Sunshine Wishes thinlets - which is one of my very favorites in the big catalog.



I used Rhinestone Jewels to add just a touch of "bling" to this card - I thought it needed some sparkle! A few flicks of the Watermelon Wonder marker helped balance out the white space behind that cute butterfly, don't you think?

I couldn't be happier with the result of this Global Design Project. I am so excited that I was able to head into unfamiliar creative territory and craft this beautiful card!






If you would like to purchase any of the products used to make this card, you can simply click on any of the items below to go directly to my online store.

Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00


https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx&dbwsdemoid=2170143











Thanks for stopping by!

Rose
Email: roseflorence4@gmail.com
Facebook: Country Cards by Rose

Click HERE for my local events!
Want the latest Sales & Promotions? Click HERE!
Shop my online store HERE - Get up to 80% OFF on the Clearance Rack!


Ask me....
About Country Cards Club
About becoming a Country Cards VIP
About joining the fun and becoming a Demonstrator
About saving money and becoming a Discount Buyer



https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2170143

No comments:

Post a Comment