Saturday, February 4, 2017

Global Design Project #72 | So In Love

I love weekend mornings in my craft room, and this weekend was no different! I spent some time playing with the So In Love stamp set from the new Occasions Catalog. I just love the romantic, simple card that I created with this set...with a little help from the Swirly Bird set from the big catalog.


I was so happy with how this card turned out that I decided to take part in the Global Design Project 072 this week which was to case the talented designer Krista Frattin.


I love the neutral palette of Krista's card and the pop of color she brought in with the flower. I also liked the subtle dots in the background of the card and the romantic feel of the lace.

For my card, I decided to use Tip Top Taupe as the neutral base. This is one of the 2015-2017 In Colors so I'm making the most of this one while I can! I just love how it contrasts so sharply against Whisper White. What a crisp color combination! For a soft pop of color, I chose Pear Pizzazz.


I wanted the same whimsical feel of the dotted background, so I used the splotched texture stamp from the Swirly Bird set. To keep the romantic feel, I softened the white strip across the card with a bit of Vellum over the top of it. The Stitched Shapes Framelits add a personal, hand-made touch, and of course they pair great with the Layering Circles Framelits.


I carried the crisp, clean style to the inside of the card, too. That big flower is just gorgeous and makes it easy to add some romance with the sentiment, and it leaves plenty of room for a sweet personal note.


Everything I used to make this card is listed below. You can click on any of the items to go directly to my online store.

Pear Pizzazz 8-1/2" x 11"" Card Stock"
Pear Pizzazz 8-1/2" x 11"" Card Stock"
[119795]
$6.95
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00


Thanks for stopping by!

https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx&dbwsdemoid=2170143


Rose
Email: roseflorence4@gmail.com
Facebook: Country Cards by Rose

Click HERE for my local events!
Want the latest Sales & Promotions? Click HERE!
Shop my online store HERE - Get up to 80% OFF on the Clearance Rack!



Ask me....
About Country Cards Club
About becoming a Country Cards VIP
About joining the fun and becoming a Demonstrator
About saving money and becoming a Discount Buyer



https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2170143



No comments:

Post a Comment