Saturday, March 4, 2017

Global Design Project 076: Case the Designer


I've been lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time in my craft room late this week, and I couldn't wait to share this project with you that I made for Global Design Project 076. This week is a Case the Designer challenge, and we are case-ing the talented Kylie Bertucci. You can click the photo below to learn more about this challenge.

Believe it or not, this layout is one I haven't tried yet! I had a lot of fun putting together some possibilities and finally decided on my this black & white creation.


I love the sharp black and white contrast, and the Inside the Lines DSP is perfect for that crisp look on any card. I softened it a bit with some velum over the top.



If you'd like to make this card, just follow my simple step-by-step instructions!


Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
  • STAMPS – Flourishing Phrases (141534)
  • PAPER - Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (121045), Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper (143830), Vellum (101856)
  • INK – Basic Black (140931)
  • OTHER – Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack (143601), Detailed Dragonfly Thinlets Dies (142749), Big Shot Machine (143263), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Stampin’ Trimmer (126889)        
Cutting & Scoring:  
  • Whisper White – 4 ¼” x 11”, score and fold at 5 ½”
  • Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper – 3 x 5 ½”
  • Basic Black – 3 1/8” x 5 ½”; Scrap
  • Velum – 3 1/8” x 6, score at ¼” from the top and bottom end (score line will run 3 1/8” long)    
Instructions:

  • Adhere the Inside the Lines DSP to the Basic Black piece using liquid glue.
  • Adhere your Vellum over the DSP & Black by folding at the score lines and gluing under your black piece (this will keep your glue hidden)
  • In Basic Black ink, stamp the sentiment in the bottom right-hand corner of your layered piece.
  • Tape the ends of a piece of silver metallic ribbon behind your layered strip. With a smaller piece of ribbon, tie a simple knot around the taped piece of ribbon. This will create a “faux bow”.
  • Using Dimensionals, attach your layered piece to the card front.
  • Die cut the bee in Basic Black cardstock from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlets & attach to card front using a Dimensional.
  • Stamp the flowers and sentiment on the inside of the card in Basic Black.


I have listed all the products I used to create this card below. Clicking any of the images will take you directly to my online store - don't forget to use my March host code CJ2P2JYPK when placing your order so you can be entered into my monthly prize drawing! I really appreciate your  business - it's what allows me to keep bringing you fun projects like this, and I send a special thank you for every online order I receive.

Product List - Click to go to my Online Store:


Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00


If you enjoy this project or any others on my blog, please spread the love in the comment section below or by sharing on your Facebook page! I love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!

Rose
Facebook: Country Cards by Rose




Click HERE for my local events!

Want the latest Sales & Promotions? Click HERE!

Shop my online store HERE - Get up to 80% OFF on the Clearance Rack!

Ask me....
About Country Cards Club
About becoming a Country Cards VIP
About joining the fun and becoming a Demonstrator
About saving money and becoming a Discount Buyer




Join The Fun!
Learn more HERE






**************************************************

Did you see the NEW Sale-A-Bration Flyer??? Check out!

http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/catalogs/Sale-A-Bration_2017/SAB_2017_2nd%20Release_US.pdf

**************************************************

Sign up for Paper Pumpkin and gain access to my private Facebook group!
I'll show you lots of alternative uses for all your Paper Pumpkin Goodies!




https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2170143

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rose. Love the vellum over the top. I'm thrilled you took part in CASEing me this week and I love what you have come up with. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete