Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Global Design Project 081 | Color Challenge

Hello Stamping Friends! I hope you are enjoying your week - I have been feeling under the weather trying to fight off a horrible cold so I'm healthy for On Stage this weekend in Minneapolis! I was going stir crazy laying around last night, so I headed up to my craft room to work on this week's Global Design Project. This week the Global Design Team crafted a color challenge - you can click the palette below to play along.


I spent some time pondering what my free choice color would be. After all, if I am chosen as the winner of this challenge, then I get to be the guest designer for the next color challenge! That would be such an honor! I finally decided on Crumb Cake...


For the watercolor effect on this card, I stamped onto watercolor paper first in Night of Navy and then spritzed with water using my Stampin' Spritzer. I was generous with my spritzing and then turned my card different ways to get the color to run all over my card.






I helped along the drying process with my heat tool and then repeated the same process in Crumb Cake. I choose to stamp in Crumb Cake after Night of Navy because I didn't want the dark navy to take over the color of the neutral. After drying the card front after the second round of watercolor, I stamped the sentiment which comes from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set - just like those gorgeous flowers.


I wanted to add some detail for the perfect finishing touches to the card, so I did some marker flicking on my die cut dragonfly in Night of Navy, and I sponged all around the edges of the watercolor layer in Crumb Cake. Some Linen thread wrapped around 4 times completes the card front layer.


This spritzing watercolor technique is a an easy way to get make a fabulous card, and you don't need to spend a lot of time with your aqua painters to get a look that really wows!

Need to add to your Stampin' Up! supplies? I would love to earn your business! I truly enjoy inspiring you with new projects and helping you to be creative! When you support my online store, it helps me to keep bringing you these amazing projects! Plus, I send a special thank you to my customers. Use this month's hostess code: 93X9GTP4 to receive a gift from me! Remember, if your order is over $150, skip the code and add some free stuff to your order with those fabulous Stampin' Rewards!

Product List - Click to Shop


Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00



Thank you so much for stopping by!

Rose
Facebook: Country Cards by Rose


Ask me....
About Country Cards Club
About becoming a Country Cards VIP
About joining the fun and becoming a Demonstrator
About saving money and becoming a Discount Buyer







Click HERE for my local events!

Watch my YouTube Channel here!

Shop my Clearance Rack - up to 80% savings!

Want the latest Sales & Promotions? Click HERE!

Shop my online store HERE - Get up to 80% OFF on the Clearance Rack!

Join The Fun!


**************************************************

Sign up for Paper Pumpkin and gain access to my private Facebook group!
I'll show you lots of alternative uses for all your Paper Pumpkin Goodies!



6 comments:

  1. Wow Rose!! This is gorgeous!! Love the crumb cake as your extra colour choice. All the best with the designer spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie! I had a lot of fun with this one! :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing card Rose. A lovely colour combination of Crumb Cake & Night of Navy. Your spritzed background makes for an eye catching card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Team Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've got it pinned! :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. Card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete