Skip to main content

Wood Words Country Card

Have you been as busy as I have been lately? The summer months find me working on our garden, fishing, spending time up north, and just enjoying the beautiful weather. Finding the time to stamp can be a daunting task...but I found some time this past weekend, and I enjoyed every second of it.


I've been playing with my new product, and I love it all! I've got another order coming today, and I can't wait to get working on projects with that, but for now, I've got an order to show you using a stamp set I won at On-Stage this spring...Wood Words!


I love the Wood Words stamp set...as soon as I saw it, I thought "country". It's just one of those beautiful sets that's really versatile, and it pairs so well with the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, which is what I've done with this card.




Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

  • STAMPS –  Wood Words (143925-w, 143928-c)
  • PAPER – Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack (144177), Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler (119685), Crumb Cake (120953)
  • INK – Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad (126966), Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad (126970)
  • OTHER – ¼” Copper Trim (144179), 1 ¼” Circle Punch (119861), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Cutting & Scoring:  

  • Cherry Cobbler – 4 ¼” X 11, score & fold at 5 ½”
  • Crumb Cake – 4” x 5 ¼”; Scrap to punch
  • Designer Series Paper – 3 7/8” X 5 1/8”
Instructions:

  • Stamp the rooster in Night of Navy on a Crumb Cake scrap and punch out using circle punch. Use the punched piece on your card front as a placeholder to determine where to stamp the stars and sentiment.
  • In Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler, stamp the stars so they will peek out from behind your punched circle. Stamp off for varying shades of both inks.
  • Stamp Hello Friend sentiment in Cherry Cobbler & Night of Navy across the front of your DSP piece. Stamp off for varying shades of ink.
  • Adhere the stamped DSP to your Crumb Cake Layer & tie Copper Trim around forming a bow or knot on the front (I formed a knot).
  • Adhere the rooster circle to the front of the card with dimensionals.
  • Adhere card front layers to card base with dimensionals.
  • Stamp the inside of your card if desired.
I love using DSP to make a simple, but beautiful card. This one came together in no time at all, and what a great card to have on hand for those "just because" occasions.



If you don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love to earn your business. Every customer that orders from me is invited to my private VIP page where I get to inspire you with exclusive projects not available on my blog or public page. Remember to use my June hostess code YGUNPY7U for a prize! Thank you so much for shopping with me...I so appreciate your business!


Product List - Click to shop:



Thanks for stopping by!
Rose

Facebook: Country Cards by Rose

Want a little?...place an order

Want a lot?....host a party
Want EVERYTHING?....sign up to be a Discount Shopper!





Click HERE for my local events!

Watch my YouTube Channel here!

Shop my Clearance Rack - up to 80% savings!

Want the latest Sales & Promotions? Click HERE!

Shop my online store HERE - Get up to 80% OFF on the Clearance Rack!



**************************************************
Earn Extra Host Rewards in June!




Contact me to book your in-home or online party!


**************************************************


Join The Fun!



**************************************************

************************************************************
http://countrycardsbyrose.blogspot.com/2017/04/global-design-project-082-sketch.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Design Project 082 | Sketch Challenge

Warning! You may experience adorable overload with my sneak peek of this stamp set from the new annual catalog! This stamp set is called "This Little Piggy", and it is so stinkin' cute! I won it from the prize patrol at OnStage local, and I couldn't wait to get stamping with it! I used it for this week's Global Design Project challenge.

This week's challenge is a sketch challenge! You can click the sketch below to play along!

I had a lot of fun with this challenge, and it gave me inspiration to create with my NEW stamp set! Here's what I created inspired by the sketch:

Oh my! Isn't that pig adorable? I just love it! I practiced some of my watercoloring on this card, and I think it turned out great!

Naturally I used one of the new in-colors for my card base - Powder Pink! Isn't it just perfect for coloring in that super cute pig too? I love it! It is really complimented by Soft Sky in the background...don't you think?

I had a lot of fun with th…

Sneak Peek & 2-Step Stamp Watercolor Technique

TGIF, stampers! Are you inspired by the beautiful weather we've been having? I know I am! I love all the green leaves I've been seeing, and that is my inspiration for the card I'm showcasing today!




Doesn't this card just make you think relaxation? Can't you just feel the sunshine and cool breeze imaging yourself sitting in that chair under a shady maple tree with bright green spring-time leaves? And the elegance of that faux bow in the NEW Fresh Fig in-color. I love, love, love Fresh Fig paired with Pear Pizzaz. It's such a sharp color combination!


This card uses a fun and EASY watercolor technique with those 2-step stamped leaves in the background.




You get a sneak peak at this new product and can see how I made this card in my video tutorial. The stamp set will be available June 1st, so now you have an idea of what to use it with before you can even buy it! Click below to watch my video.






I hope that you enjoyed my sneak peek!


Thanks for stopping by!
Rose
Email: 

Get a Holiday Catalog Sneak Peek with my entry to Global Design Project 098 #GDP098

It's been awhile since I used banners in my cards! This week's Global Design Project challenge was the perfect reason for me to dust off my Banner Triple Punch and also play with some NEW designer series paper!


This week the Global Design Project challenge is a sketch challenge. You can check out the details by clicking on the GDP sketch below.


Check out all those banners! I knew when I saw them I wanted to use some of my gorgeous new Spooky Night Designer Series Paper. I just got some brand new stamps from the Holiday Catalog, so of course I wanted to use my new stuff right away and give you a sneak peek!

Isn't that paper so pretty? I used the Happy Halloween and Trick or Treat sentiments from the coordinating Spooky Cat stamp set. Your sentiments can be used to make a pretty background by repeated stamping across your layer. I used the "Trick or Treat" sentiment this way in Pumpkin Pie ink over the Pumpkin Pie layer. I also tried a new technique - see those sub…